Safety & Rules:
A reminder that this is a rules of the road ride and NOT A RACE. Ride safely and in control at all times. Obey all traffic laws, signs, signals, markings and directions of peace officers. Unless directed by a peace officer, you have no right of way over other pedestrians or vehicular traffic on the highway. Always ride single file except when passing. Absolutely no headphones.
- This is a RULES OF THE ROAD RIDE, not a race.
- Helmets must be worn and buckled at all times for the duration of the ride.
- Traffic Laws: Participants must follow and obey all traffic laws. Some (but not all) include: staying on the right side of the road, riding in single file whenever possible, and stopping at all stop signs and stop lights unless waived through by a police officer. All participants are held responsible for knowing California’s traffic laws.
- Bike Safety: All participants are responsible for remaining in control of their bicycles and riding safely at all times. Always use the bike lane whenever possible. If we feel you are riding in an unsafe manner, you will be removed from the course. Handlebar ends of all bicycles MUST be solidly plugged. There will be no ipods or personal stereos of any kind allowed on the course.
- Weather: The ride will go on regardless of the weather, so come prepared.
- Bike Numbers: It is required to have your bicycle number and wristband visible at all times.
- Cut Off Times: Cut Off Times are still TBD.
- Bicycles Only: No powered vehicles of any kind, or any type of support vehicle.
- Roads: None of the roads on the course are closed. Riders will be required to share the road.
- Dangerous Descents: The ride has steep descents. For your own personal safety, please use extra caution when descending down these hills. For elevation charts, please refer to our website under “maps”.
- MANDATORY Course Briefings: We will keep these as short as possible, but you must attend before you can pick up your packet.